I have however noticed that vibrant entrepreneurs do not complaint; they follow the simple route of making money – “Increase sales at minimum cost”. Think about it, there are MBA’s who know business tools inside out, but how many work for themselves? Few may be!
People who have created business empires usually have simple education, but great idea – implemented successfully – created massive sales.
I often quote Richard Branson and Anita Roddick who have built businesses from nothing and not only established world class brands, but also proved that doing business is about passion to excel and passion to SELL.
I was reading a comment by Anita in which she explained a “successful entrepreneur”, she says;
“You have to be an outsider, a person who does not go with a mainstream. You have to have a vision, ideas, optimism and a certain degree of craziness”.
Look at Body Shop’s selling technique, “Change what women look like”! Simple isn’t it?
I particularly like Richard Branson’s style. He is informal and adds fun to his initiatives. He has given Virgin this informal style – but if you look closely at his model, its 100% CUSTOMER FOCUSED. He sells what his customer needs. Virgin’s ability to understand customers is remarkable. From selling music to business and first class seats to expensive cruise holidays, there is just one focus – CUSTOMER.
Hence to me as an entrepreneur, your selling skills are more important than creating an excellent product or service.
Think about it:
- How many good writers are not Best Sellers?
- How many scientists are not able to market their excellent innovations?
- Why excellent chefs are not in restaurant business?
- Why many expert beauticians are not running their own beauty salons?
- Why so many business graduates are not in entrepreneurial career?
Your ability to SELL is the only route to making money. But the question is “Are you ready to take a course in effective selling? Remember Selling is an art that needs to be learned – and while basics are usual, dynamics of selling are also changing rapidly.
Page 181 – Rich Dad Poor Dad “The world is filled with talented poor people – Perfecting their skills to build better hamburger rather than the skills of selling and delivering the hamburger”
About the author
Passionate Trainer, Blogger and social media strategist - Qualified from US Chamber of Commerce’s Institute for Organization Management, I have been engaged in Private Sector Development for over 22 years. Love reading, traveling, mentoring. Professionally, I am working as Deputy Country Director at Center for International Private Enterprise (Pakistan Office) - My blogposts cover topics related to Entrepreneurship, Management, Career and Social Media. You can join me at Google+ or Facebook.
Checkout These Recent Posts
- 7 signals when to Quit your Job November 22, 2013
- 10 most Repeated Lies in Resumes November 15, 2013
- 5 Things that Recruiters Consider November 10, 2013
- Brand Building by Bootstrapping Your Career November 8, 2013
- 5 Tips for Gaining Success in Highly Competitive Work Environment November 3, 2013
- Signs You will be made Redundant! November 1, 2013
- Entry Level Job Search Challenge for MBAs October 26, 2013
- How shall I find a job? October 15, 2013
- My Boss Sucks! October 13, 2013
- How to deal with Job Boredom Issue October 4, 2013
Enter Your Email for Free Subscription