This weekend’s biggest news hit the media that reported the arrest of Dominique Strauss-Kahn, Head of International Monetary Fund.
He is expected to plead not guilty at his arraignment Monday, following allegations that the Frenchman sexually assaulted a maid in a swank New York City hotel. According to an account the woman provided to police, Kahn emerged from the bathroom naked, chased her down a hallway and pulled her into a bedroom, where he began to sexually assault her. She said she fought him off, then he dragged her into the bathroom, where he forced her to perform oral sex on him and tried to remove her underwear. The woman was able to break free again and escaped the room and told hotel staff what had happened and police was called.
Anne Sinclair, who is a TV journalist and wife of Kahn said “I do not believe for one second the accusations brought against my husband. I have no doubt his innocence will be established,”
In 2008, Dominique was investigated over whether he had an improper relationship with a subordinate female employee. The IMF board found that the relationship was consensual, but called his actions “regrettable” and said they “reflected a serious error of judgment.”
BUT markets have felt the jolts!
Gold prices kicked off the week on a softer note Monday, as the dollar gained following the news of Dominique’s arrest. Gold for June dropped $3.20 to $1,490.30 an ounce in electronic trading on Monday. Silver prices also weakened, with silver for July delivery dropping 36 cents to $34.65 an ounce!
Europe is also worried, Kahn had been one of the key players working to address Europe’s debt crisis. The euro has suffered, falling 7 weeks low. Asian shares took a dip over concerns about European sovereign debt woes.
Watch for developing news on media.
About the author
Passionate Trainer, Blogger and social media strategist - Qualified from US Chamber of Commerce’s Institute for Organization Management, I have been engaged in Private Sector Development for over 22 years. Love reading, traveling, mentoring. Professionally, I am working as Deputy Country Director at Center for International Private Enterprise (Pakistan Office) - My blogposts cover topics related to Entrepreneurship, Management, Career and Social Media. You can join me at Google+ or Facebook.
Checkout These Recent Posts
- Small Business Start-up face challenges right from the beginning June 16, 2013
- Social Media Marketing – Some Poor Examples from Pakistan June 5, 2013
- How to deal with Career Choices? May 30, 2013
- Failures lead us to innovation and creativity May 16, 2013
- Old Marketing Theories will be obsolete soon – Social Media will Rule! May 10, 2013
- In Customer Service, Rudeness is unacceptable – Hey, McDonald’s employees, smile please! May 2, 2013
- When TownTawks Found a Mentor! April 29, 2013
- What do brands discuss on social media? April 19, 2013
- TownTawks – Start-up I have been Mentoring April 15, 2013
- How BlogDash is connecting Bloggers with Businesses April 11, 2013
Enter Your Email for Free Subscription